top of page


Tier 2 Sponsor Licence Applications (Skilled Workers)


If you want to employ a foreign national in the UK, you will first need to apply for a sponsor licence, which involves providing that the migrant will fill a role that cannot be filled by a settled worker. 

Currently, the requirement to hold a sponsor licence only applies to employers wishing to employ nationals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However, with the introduction of a new set of post-Brexit immigration rules to be implemented on 1st January 2021, all employers who wish to employ EU nationals will need to apply for a sponsor licence.

Sponsor Licence Obligations

When applying for a licence and subsequently issuing a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) to migrant workers, your organisation accepts to comply with a number of requirements, including:

  • Having effective HR systems

  • Adequate record keeping and numerous reporting requirements

  • Regulatory compliance and co-operation with all Home Office requests

As Entry Clearance Lawyers, Visas 24/7 takes away the headache and any concerns from employers by handling the entire licensing process from the start. This includes full advice on the licence application process, including advising on supporting documents and HR processes. We will liaise with the Home Office on your behalf and will always act in our clients best interest. 

Once approved, we can then provide subsequent compliance assistance, such as updating the sponsor management system (SMS) as and when required. 

We can issue certificates of sponsorship (working permits) on behalf of employers for individuals who have been offered a job, as well as providing full representation when obtaining entry clearance/leave to remain once a certificate of sponsorship has been issued.

You should get professional advice at the earliest stage to ensure that your systems and protocols are in place.

Contact Visas 24/7 today to discuss an application. 

employers sponsor licence services london
bottom of page